REPORTS TO: Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: Effective Immediately
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
Parcc Inc. seeks a Communications Associate to work with the communications team to serve as content writer and manager for Parcc Inc. in support of the PARCC member states and their state communications directors. The work will support states and districts as they implement the PARCC system and, over time, use the results to drive instructional improvements and increase students’ rates of college and career ready preparation.
The position will manage the content of the PARCC website and PARCC Updates newsletter, and also as social media manager for the PARCC consortium. When applying, please include one to two writing samples. This may be uploaded through the application process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Associate, Communications responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Writing and Editing
- Write, edit, fact check, and format news articles, web content, member correspondence, social media content, press releases, op-eds, marketing materials, and publications
- Serve as editor of the biweekly newsletter PARCC Updates
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for Parcc Inc. leadership
- Assist in reviewing and editing all communications sent to PARCC members
- Provide editorial assistance across Parcc Inc.
- Work with the digital communications consultant to manage content rewrite for redesign, underway, of the PARCC consortium website
- Update and edit content on the website, with minimal HTML formatting
- Work with Parcc Inc. staff to ensure adherence to Parcc Inc. and PARCC consortium style and branding.
- Assist the Communications Director to implement the organization’s strategic communications plan
- Assist with the day-to-day management of Parcc Inc.’s network of state education agency communications directors, providing strategic support, technical assistance, and logistical support
- Provide support to Parcc Inc. programs and state education agencies as they work to improve communications at the state and local levels
- Manage Parcc Inc.’s day-to-day activity on social media and assist the Communications Director in creating and implementing Parcc Inc.’s social media strategy
- Develop monthly media/social media tracking updates for leadership staff
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in communications, with strong preference for experience in journalism
- Ability to exercise solid communications judgment
- Strong, clear, and concise writing style
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work independently to prioritize work, set timelines, and make adjustments to work priorities as necessary
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Basic experience with and knowledge of HTML
HOW TO APPLY
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.