Communication Associate Contractor, Part-Time
The Learning Agency
The Learning Agency is looking for a communications associate. The position will begin part-time and may build to full-time. The ideal candidate will be a solid writer, detail oriented, experienced with email and social media marketing, and be able to both work independently and with colleagues who are based around the globe. We’re looking for someone who can get up to speed on new projects fast and contribute ideas and high-quality work right away. Flexibility and an ability to adapt to changing priorities and workflows are paramount. The experience will provide the individual with significant exposure to a consulting firm and a unique opportunity to help grow an organization.
Location: Remote (Willing to work Eastern hours)
About the Organization:
The Learning Agency is a consultancy firm that helps organizations harness the power of learning. The organization works with a variety of organizations to develop and publicize high-quality research, writing and products. We are result-oriented and operate in an entrepreneurial environment.
The team is remote. The founder is based in Washington, DC. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.the-learning-agency.com.
About the Position:
The part-time contractor position (20-35 hours/week).
The Learning Agency is seeking candidates who can work with the team to provide communication support across a wide range of projects.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with and supporting project management
• Supporting the development and implementation of strategic communications and marketing plans
• Proactively seeking out and recommending communications opportunities and marketing tactics that will advance the work of our clients and the agency
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Ability to produce high-quality writing across a variety of mediums (newsletters, social media, briefing reports, web content, and strategic plans)
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to take complex research and reports and translate them into attention-getting articles, op-eds, social media content, etc. for general audiences
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to meet tight deadlines
• Flexible, able to work independently, and able to shift gears quickly as priorities change
• Minimum of 1 year professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with email marketing strategies and techniques (required) and with marketing platforms like MailChimp (preferred)
• Experience with SEO (Ahrefs and Google Analytics)
• Graphic / Visual Design experience (preferred)
• Knowledge of, or experience with, education and/or learning science highly desired
The contractor will be paid hourly at a rate commensurate with their experience.
Submit a cover letter describing your approach to strategic communications and a resume to email@example.com or submit an application through this Google form (https://bit.ly/38GZ90r).
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.