BestColleges Freelance Financial Aid Writer- Red Ventures Education
RV Education Freelance Network
As a freelance financial aid writer for BestColleges, you will craft original content covering a variety of financial topics relevant to higher education, including blog posts and resource guides related to planning and saving for college, paying for college and college budgeting, applying for financial aid, types of financial aid, loan refinancing and consolidation, etc. Additional opportunities to cover general higher education topics (degrees, career planning, student life, etc.) if desired. You will also work with our editors and copy editors to ensure that all content is concise, grammatically correct, and easy to understand.
Our freelance writers are capable of writing for diverse audiences and have a keen understanding of how information and ideas are received by students from all backgrounds.
- Write content according to an in-house style guide (based on AP style)
- Adhere to in-house guidelines for branding, tone, and voice
- Follow sourcing and fact-checking guidelines
- Format content based on guidelines and best practices
- Read feedback from copy editors and incorporate suggestions into future work
- Meet requested deadlines and maintain open and prompt communication with editors and copy editors
- A bachelor’s degree or higher related to higher education, higher education administration, business administration, and/or finance
- At least two years of relevant professional experience working in college financial aid
- Experience writing copy for websites
- A commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, tone, and content flow
- Experience working with a style guide (AP style preferred)
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Strong grasp of fact-checking and sourcing standards
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude
Please note that at least two writing samples and/or a link to your writing portfolio is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will be unable to respond to every applicant.
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/rvedufreelancenetwork/jobs/3483117.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.