Associate Editor – Education Technology Content
Manifest is looking to hire an Associate Editor of Education Technology Content for one of our largest and fastest growing accounts. In this role, you’ll write and edit technology content that caters to the K-12 market. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a smart and dedicated team at Manifest for one of the largest B2B technology solutions and services providers in the country. You’ll also work directly with the clients as projects require and will write and pitch your story ideas directly to them. This role is responsible for writing, editing and managing the output of multiplatform content on behalf of the education media brand Manifest manages for the client. This job is based in Washington, D.C.
- Develop and research engaging and compelling content
- Write and contribute content daily for multi-channel programs
- Optimize content for the web
- In keeping with brand parameters, drive editorial calendar development, content creation and content editing on a variety of client projects
- Participate in cross-team brainstorming sessions
- Create and update content in content management system, and provide input and guidance on site taxonomy and functionality
- Collaborate with analytics, audience engagement and performance marketing to support content strategy with ideas supported and influenced by data
- Assign stories to and work closely with freelance writers as needed
- Attend and cover industry events as needed
- 1-2 years of experience as a journalist, writer, reporter and/or editor
- Sharp writing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative
- Experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Experience editing and writing about technology and/or education a plus
- On-camera video experience a plus
- Experience working with customers and clients a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred
What We Do
Manifest is a proudly independent content marketing agency, with honors that include Content Marketing Agency of the Year, and one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the nation. We build businesses and brands by delivering unmistakable content in just the right context. Diversity of Thought is the Intelligence that Creates the Stories that Work. At Manifest, we simply hire the best. The “best” have opinions, they have a voice that needs to be heard, and they also know enough to know that they do not know everything. Which is why at Manifest, we embrace “different.” Different backgrounds, different experiences, differing opinions, discussion and productive debate. It is through embracing our differences that our greatest work is achieved. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, identity, disability status, sexual orientation, national origin and experience is what has powered us thus far, and it is what will ensure we stay Unmistakable. Manifest is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.