Associate Editor – Education Technology Content
Manifest is looking to hire an Associate Editor in our Washington, D.C. Studio, for one of our largest and fastest growing accounts. In this role, you’ll write and edit technology content that caters to the K-12 and Higher Education markets. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a smart and dedicated team at Manifest for one of the largest B2B technology solutions and services providers in the country. You’ll also work directly with the clients as projects require and will write and pitch your story ideas directly to them. This role is responsible for writing, editing and managing the output of multiplatform content on behalf of the education media brand Manifest manages for the client.
- Develop and research engaging and compelling content
- Write and contribute content daily for multi-channel programs
- Optimize content for the web
- In keeping with brand parameters, drive editorial calendar development, content creation and content editing on a variety of client projects
- Participate in cross-team brainstorming sessions
- Create and update content in content management system, and provide input and guidance on site taxonomy and functionality
- Collaborate with analytics, audience engagement and performance marketing to support content strategy with ideas supported and influenced by data
- Assign stories to and work closely with freelance writers as needed
- Attend and cover industry events as needed
- 2+ years of experience as a journalist, writer, reporter and/or editor
- Sharp writing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative
- Experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Experience writing/editing about technology or education a plus
- On-camera video experience a plus
- Experience working with customers and clients a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
What We Do
At Manifest, our purpose is clear. We make brands unmistakable to their audiences, through content that serves and inspires, on platforms that deliver distinct experiences and with personal impact that is precisely measured. We know that “good enough” is not enough. Together we will make unmistakable things.
Manifest is an equal opportunity employer. Manifest does not sponsor employment visas.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.