Account Supervisor/Deputy Project Manager
Hager Sharp is an independent marketing and communications agency owned by employees with a shared passion: Developing ideas that make a difference. We create award-winning campaigns that achieve results for organizations committed to improving health, advancing education, and transforming our communities—through communications that engage, motivate, and inspire in any and every medium that best reaches a particular audience, from earned to paid, digital to print, in-person to outdoor. If you’re looking for an agency where making a difference is in the DNA, come to Hager Sharp. We are seeking an Account Supervisor/Deputy Project Manager to join our Education team.
We’re looking for a unique individual who can serve as Deputy Project Manager for a large and complex client account. She/he will work closely with the Project Manager to oversee a range of client activities and play an important role in the overall success of the project and client satisfaction. This position in our education practice requires the ability to work with research and data and make it meaningful to diverse audiences; provide client counsel in a changing education policy and communications environment; and guide other team members creating a wide range of products and services. He/she possesses and demonstrates a solid understanding of the agency business; is able to monitor and track deliverables across a number of task areas; has developed a range of communications and marketing skills (e.g., writing for various audiences, media relations, digital strategy, partnership development); and routinely demonstrates sound judgment and strategic thinking skills. He/she plays a significant role in the efficient and successful pursuit of new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate skills in strategic thinking and planning, including discerning and articulating a clear and effective path forward, anticipating future trends and needs, seeing the big picture and applying a broad perspective, articulating vision, and creating innovative plans that work
- Manage specific client projects and/or task areas, such as communications planning, content creation, materials development, earned media outreach, special events planning and implementation, partnership development, digital and social media engagement
- Lead the development of project plans; support the development of monthly client reports, deliverables, and annual client plans
- Deliver excellent client service, including attending promptly to client requests, monitoring client satisfaction, keeping senior leaders abreast of progress, developing and seeking input on solutions for any issues that arise, and ensuring that all work performed is strategic, creative, innovative, and error-free
- Compose well thought-out and well-written client documents
- Review and ensure the high quality and timely submission of client deliverables
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within each assigned client, and become seen as a trusted project manager
- Maintain timely and thorough understanding and awareness of key issues relating to client(s)
- Support the management of client budgets, invoicing; manage progress reporting
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of client and agency project management systems
- Support the quality control process (e.g., proofreading, formatting, editing) and ensure that all work performed is error-free
- Represent the firm at industry events and explore new growth opportunities
- Oversee project staff on individual projects; mentor junior-level staff to develop and enhance their client service, project management, and business development skills
- Demonstrate skills in developing and delivering presentations in an effective, persuasive manner
- Support specific agency-wide initiatives as requested
- Demonstrate an emerging expertise in social marketing, marketing communications and/or integrated marketing
- Demonstrate emerging thought leadership and actively seek visibility opportunities to bring positive recognition to the firm
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in communications or related field; experience in a communications agency setting a plus
- Strong project management, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent and reliable support, including balancing multiple projects well under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically to advance client projects
- Proven experience in message, content, and materials development for various audiences, such as video production, brochures, fact sheets, charts, and infographics
- Proficiency in publishing tools, such as InDesign, is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially excellent PowerPoint skills
- Interest and knowledge of the education sector, large-scale assessments, and their various stakeholders a plus
Hager Sharp is an employee-owned firm (ESOP) known for its collegial, collaborative, and creative work environment. Employee benefits include health and dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plans, 401(k) plan, exercise facilities, holidays, paid personal and sick leave. Employees are also eligible for stock shares. Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.