# of Openings:1
Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our Seattle and San Francisco offices you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…an Account Supervisor who knows how to:
- Serve as primary client contact for execution of programs and campaigns, building rapport and credibility with client(s) based on trust and expert counsel
- Partner with senior leaders to develop, present and implement strategic solutions and creative programs that deliver business results for clients and solidify the agency/client partnership
- Work across departments, including creative, digital, media and/or production, to develop and implement communications and advertising campaigns that are on strategy, on time, within budget, and meet agency and client standards
- Research, write and present proposals, media relations plans, creative strategy briefs, messaging documents, press materials, web content, blog posts, etc.
- Develop in-depth business reporting and comprehensive competitive advertising/marketing analysis
- Identify potential project challenges and quickly resolve problems, using project management expertise and communications/advertising knowledge
- Develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party influencers, issue area experts, media contacts and internal business partners to meet client needs and achieve project objectives
- Actively participate in new business efforts for the firm including developing new business opportunities, writing proposals and delivering presentations
- Stay informed on client industries and issues
- Manage project teams, delegate assignments and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- 6-8 years of experience in project management and/or client management in communications, advertising, public relations, public policy or related field
- Interest in education policy and the ability to drive projects from start to finish
- Experience managing a team
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.