Access Group, Inc.
Located in Access Group’s Washington, DC office, the Manager, reporting to the Senior Vice President for Public Affairs, Policy, and Member Services, will serve as the primary resource and spokesperson to media on behalf of Access Group and its members. The Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, proactive, strategic communications plan incorporating print and electronic media, social media, radio and television. The Manager will be responsible for using communication strategies and techniques to increase the visibility and credibility of Access Group, establishing it as the premiere voice for legal education to it member institutions as well as to policy makers and thought leaders. The Manager’s objective is to position Access Group as the authority and leader in higher education services.
The position has primary working relationships with the Senior VP for Public Affairs, Policy, and Member Services; secondary to the President and Chief Executive Officer, leadership team, staff of marketing, development, strategic initiative, and Board of Directors. The position primarily coordinates with the media, Access Group members, partner organizations and others in the higher education and graduate school arena.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in higher education, Capitol Hill, or nonprofit membership organization.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, op-eds, blogs, usage of social media, presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Demonstrated skills or experience in the design and execution of communications and public relations activities.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Commitment to the mission and integrity of Access Group.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Some travel may be required.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.