Journalist Scholarships Terms & Conditions
EWA 2020 National Seminar
EWA is pleased to offer scholarships to qualified journalists. Scholarships may be used to offset the costs of attending the seminar. Scholarships are granted on an individual basis, provided funding is available.
The following terms & conditions apply to all scholarships:
- EWA is fair and equal in all of its scholarship processes for all persons, without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- An application submission does not guarantee a scholarship will be awarded.
- Applicants may be awarded partial scholarships that do not include all costs requested.
- Scholarships are only available for journalist members of EWA who are in good standing.
- All scholarship decisions are final. There is no appeals process for decisions made regarding the awarding of these scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients agree to follow all instructions and deadlines in their award letter as a condition of their scholarships. If a recipient fails to follow instructions, EWA reserves the right to modify or revoke the scholarship award.
- Any requests for modification or adjustment to an awarded scholarship must be approved by EWA in advance in writing.
- If a recipient must cancel after receiving a scholarship letter, they must contact EWA immediately so the scholarship can be released and reallocated to another qualified applicant.
- Journalists from the same news outlet may be eligible to receive a scholarship, but must submit individual applications in order to be considered.
- Scholarships are non-transferable.
The 2020 National Seminar registration fees and schedule are:
(June 2, 2020 to July 24, 2020)
- Full Scholarship awarded will require a $35 refundable registration deposit upon registering for the National Seminar. This deposit will be refunded after the National Seminar, as long as you attend the event, follow submission instructions as specified on the deposit reimbursement form, and complete the post-event evaluation survey by the deadline.
- Recipients or their news outlets will be responsible for providing any deposit payment during the registration process with a credit card. This deposit is non-transferable.
- Deposit reimbursement forms will be due no later than August 7, 2020. They will be emailed to attendees with the seminar evaluation form at the close of the seminar.