Back to Top
- Branch, Gregory F., Eric A. Hanushek, and Steven G.
School Leaders Matter: Measuring the Impact of Effective
Principals. Education Next. 2013
- Leithwood, Kenneth, Karen Seashore Louis, Stephen Anderson,
and Kyla Wahlstrom.
Review of Research. How Leadership Influences Student
Learning. The Wallace Foundation, 2004.
- Ikemoto, Gina, Lori Taliaferro, Benjamin Fenton, and
Great Principals At Scale: Creating District Conditions That
Enable All Principals to Be Effective. The George W. Bush
Foundation and New Leaders. 2014
- Briggs, Kerri, Gretchen Rhines Cheney, Jacquelyn Davis, and
Operating in the Dark: What Outdated State Policies and Data
Gaps Mean for Effective School Leadership. The George W.
Bush Institute. 2013.
- The School Leaders Network,
Churn: The High Cost of Principal Turnover. 2014
- Burkhauser, Susan, Susan M. Gates, Laura S. Hamilton and Gina
Schuyler Ikemoto. First-Year
Principals in Urban School Districts: How Actions and Working
Conditions Relate to Outcomes. Santa Monica, CA: RAND
- Burkhauser, Susan, Susan M. Gates, Laura S. Hamilton,
Jennifer J. Li and Ashley Pierson. Laying
the Foundation for Successful School Leadership. Santa
Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2013.
- Doyle, Daniela and Gillian Locke.
Lacking Leaders: The Challenges of Principal Recruitment,
Selection, and Placement. The Thomas B. Fordham Institute.
- Supovitz, Jonathan.
Building a Lattice for School Leadership: The Top to Bottom
Rethinking of Leadership Development in England. Research
Report (#RR-83). Philadelphia: Consortium for Policy Research
in Education, University of Pennsylvania. 2014