Back to Top
- Branch, Gregory F., Eric A. Hanushek, and Steven G. Rivkin. School Leaders Matter: Measuring the Impact of Effective Principals. Education Next. 2013
- Leithwood, Kenneth, Karen Seashore Louis, Stephen Anderson, and Kyla Wahlstrom. Review of Research. How Leadership Influences Student Learning. The Wallace Foundation, 2004.
- Ikemoto, Gina, Lori Taliaferro, Benjamin Fenton, and Jacquelyn Davis. Great Principals At Scale: Creating District Conditions That Enable All Principals to Be Effective. The George W. Bush Foundation and New Leaders. 2014
- Briggs, Kerri, Gretchen Rhines Cheney, Jacquelyn Davis, and Kerry Moll. Operating in the Dark: What Outdated State Policies and Data Gaps Mean for Effective School Leadership. The George W. Bush Institute. 2013.
- The School Leaders Network, Churn: The High Cost of Principal Turnover. 2014
- Burkhauser, Susan, Susan M. Gates, Laura S. Hamilton and Gina Schuyler Ikemoto. First-Year Principals in Urban School Districts: How Actions and Working Conditions Relate to Outcomes. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2012.
- Burkhauser, Susan, Susan M. Gates, Laura S. Hamilton, Jennifer J. Li and Ashley Pierson. Laying the Foundation for Successful School Leadership. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2013.
- Doyle, Daniela and Gillian Locke. Lacking Leaders: The Challenges of Principal Recruitment, Selection, and Placement. The Thomas B. Fordham Institute. 2014.
- Supovitz, Jonathan. Building a Lattice for School Leadership: The Top to Bottom Rethinking of Leadership Development in England. Research Report (#RR-83). Philadelphia: Consortium for Policy Research in Education, University of Pennsylvania. 2014