Five Questions to Ask: Summer Learning
Some questions to ask a program, district, or provider:
- How are you paying for this program? Will these funds be sustainable long-term?
- How have you determined what programming to offer? What is the goal of your summer program and how are you meeting the needs of students attending?
- How have you selected staff to teach in this program, and will you require certification? What parameters have you set for instruction? Will staff have the freedom to teach how and what they like?
- Have you reached out to community partners and/or resources to expand offerings at your program?
- How will you evaluate the effectiveness of the program?