Back to Top
- How is your school district and/or state
recruiting, training, and assigning principals to schools?
For example, what factors do districts consider when assigning
principals to schools?
- Principals play an important role in determining whether
high-performing teachers stay or leave. How are principals and
school districts tapping the expertise of their effective
teachers? How are principals and teachers collaborating?
- The principal’s job is often described as the loneliest one
in the building, and the responsibilities have greatly expanded
in recent years. What is your district doing to create
professional learning communities and development opportunities
for principals? How is your district attempting to make the
job more manageable?
- Principal evaluation systems are still relatively new in
most states and districts. How are they designed and how
effective are they?
- How are principals incorporating the voices and input of
diverse communities when making major decisions? How are
principals creating inclusive learning communities that take into
account the needs of their diverse student populations, including
English-language learners, racial and ethnic minorities,
and transgender or gender non-conforming students?