Back to Top
- What percentage of your institution’s courses is taught by adjunct faculty? Do students and parents have easy access to that information?
- What are the working conditions of your institution’s adjunct faculty? Do they have access to institutional support or any job security? Are they reasonably compensated?
- What is the state of shared governance at your institution? Does the faculty have primary control over the curriculum? Is there a respectful rapport between the faculty and the administration?
- Is your faculty unionized? If so, are adjuncts and tenure-track faculty in the same unit?
- Are there any limits on professors’ academic freedoms at your institution? Who holds the copyright, if any, to online course materials created by professors?