Five Questions to Ask: District Management
- What is your local school district’s protocol for conducting superintendent searches?
- If your superintendent is a non-educator, what are the pros and cons and how have they played out? If he or she is a career educator, what are the pros and cons and how have they played out?
- Has mayoral control been considered or adopted in your area, and, if so, how has it played out?
- Many districts across the nation are experimenting with a variety of school reform strategies. Which ones do local school leaders believe to be most effective? Have they tried to implement these reforms? If so, what has been the reception thus far?
- In terms of accountability and state oversight, what has changed for your local school districts as a result of the federal Every Student Succeeds Act?