Back to Top
- How many kindergartners in my district/state attended
high-quality early-childhood education programs? How does my
district/state measure kindergarten readiness and how do the
results vary among different demographic groups?
- What does the funding look like for schools in my area
serving low-income and minority students? How does that compare
to affluent and/or predominately white schools? How do individual
schools compare to the district average? (This
EWA blog post may be helpful.)
- How much does my school district pay its teachers and how has
that changed over time? What is the demographic makeup of
students who have access to high-quality teachers?
- How does the demographic composition of my locale’s special
education programs compare with that of the general student
population? What does that comparison look like for traditional
public schools versus their charter/private counterparts?
- How do parents in my area
influence equity in education?
- What are the admissions requirements for the college I’m
covering and how might those requirements put certain students at
- How well are the colleges you cover serving low-income
students? What percentage of students receive Pell Grants and are
they graduating at the same rates as their peers?