Trevon Milliard covers a diverse range of K-12 topics, from transgender student rights to expanded testing.
- Trustees Rescind Vote to Hire Davis over Open Meeting Law Concerns
- Finding Cee Cee: Surviving School through a Transgender Transition
- Most Takers for Private School Money Come from Nevada’s Wealthiest Areas
- The New Kindergarten: Preschool Becoming Expected for Public Schools
- Nevada Students to Face Another Year of Heavy Testing
- Lowest Vaccine Rates Come from Affluent Schools
- Appoint School Boards? It’s Not That Unusual Around the U.S.
Comments from Judges:
“Trevon is a beat reporter’s beat reporter. It is clear he is well established on the beat, knows what questions to ask, and knows what answers his readers want — and even those they may not know they want. … The storytelling, like that of the the transgender student, was compelling to the very last word. He writes with authority, as beat reporters should be able to do — people rely on them to tell them what they know, not what officials want them to know. … The inside scoop on the trustees rescinding the vote. The new preschool was particularly strong. The vaccine and voucher story were unique and insightful.”
“A strong set of stories, particularly the sensitively told story of the transgender student. I appreciated the range, and Milliard’s efforts to put district issues — expanding pre-K offerings, the possibility of an appointed school board — in national context.”