Rachel Cohen’s Beat Reporting at The American Prospect
Beat Reporting: General News Outlets, Print and Online (Small Staff)
About the Entry
Rachel Cohen covers national education issues, including student discipline, teacher workforce, and school choice by researching and reporting on revealing developments in cities such as Hartford, and Washington, DC.
- Rethinking School Discipline
- Teacher Tests Test Teachers
- Desegregated Differently
- School Suspensions, Test Scores, and Lead Poisoning
- How DC Became the Darling of Education Reform
- ‘Parents Involved’, A Decade Later
- DC Charters Seek to Unionize
- Rachel M. Cohen, Senior Writing Fellow, The American Prospect
Comments from the Judges
“Very thoroughly reported and clearly written.”
“Her writing distills complicated subject matter into engaging and compelling narrative.”
EWA is grateful to the College Board for its generous support of the 2017 National Awards for Education Reporting.