Jillian Berman: MarketWatch
Beat Reporting: General News Outlets, Print and Online (Medium Staff)
About the Entry
Jillian Berman’s coverage of student debt includes news, analysis, and features that explore the reasons for and repercussions of the trend toward increased borrowing for higher education, an economic issue affecting Americans at all stages of their lives.
- Why teachers and social workers worry they won’t get the student debt forgiveness they’re counting on
- Meet the real face of the student debt crisis
- These controversial student contracts may soon be banned
- Can the government force student-debt collectors to help borrowers?
- Is this robocall illegal? The line blurs for people with student debt
- Whistleblower suit against for-profit college charges schemes against students
- Inside one state’s effort to tackle the student debt crisis
- Jillian Berman, Reporter, MarketWatch
Comments from the Judges
“A well-rounded look at the student debt crisis in America, and some of the bad actors that are profiting from vulnerable student borrowers. Impressive reporting for depth and for painting a human face on these issues.”
“I thought Jillian Berman’s pieces showed depth of reporting and concise writing on a very complex topic. She seemed to hit at the student loan issues from multiple angles, showing a breadth of knowledge.”