The Challenges of Identifying Dyslexia in Students
General News Outlet (Medium Staff)
SINGLE-TOPIC NEWS OR FEATURE
When kids struggle with reading because of learning differences like dyslexia, school can be a discouraging experience.
- Understanding Dyslexia and the Reading Brain in Kids
- Why Recognizing Dyslexia In Children At School Can Be Difficult
- Who Helps Kids With Dyslexia Gain Reading Fluency?
- Tech Tools That Have Transformed Learning With Dyslexia
- Dyslexia and the Wider World of Creativity and Talent
Comments from the Judges:
“Wonderfully blends science with classroom experience and family struggles to tell an undertold story on an important subject. It’s rare to see education reporters incorporate science into their writing so effectively and clearly.”
“This fine series on a critical topic weaves science, people and policy/bureaucratic hurdles together in accessible stories. I like the blend of experts and families. Korbey has an ear for strong quotes.”
“I laud the author for diving deeply into an underreported topic. The writing is a notch above, and the [interviews of] families and teachers … are insightful.”