Andrew Marra’s Beat Reporting
Beat Reporting: General News Outlets, Print and Online (Medium Staff)
About the Entry
Andrew Marra’s reporting on public schools in Florida’s Palm Beach County puts a special focus on the teacher workforce – from classroom challenges to the shortfalls of professional development and support provided to educators.
- The price of mentoring? Why this Boca Raton teacher is being fired
- Chaos at Eagle Arts: Are kids being educated?
- Pulled from class: How PBC public schools discourage public dissent
- How happy are Palm Beach County’s teachers?
- Avossa: PBC’s supposed spike in teacher happiness was just bad math
- The number of PBC school execs making $140K has nearly tripled in 2 years
- Two PBC school treasurers were accused of theft. Only one was charged
- Andrew Marra, Reporter, The Palm Beach Post
Comments from the Judges
“He looks beyond the obvious and investigates the story behind the story. His work has resulted in real change in Palm Beach.”
“Stories brought change in the community, a sign of a
dogged beat reporter.”