Amy Scott informs the public of key national education stories while homing in on a miracle school that makes clear there are no panaceas in education.
- Parents Weigh the Lessons of Common Core Testing
- The Changing Role of Advanced Placement Classes
- Oyler School Struggles to Make a Community Model Work
- When Graduating From High School Is Just the First Step
- Bridging the Edtech Gap From Oyler School to Home
- Helping Low-Income College Students Feel at Home
- Recruiting Veterans to Elite Colleges
Comments from the Judges:
“Well-balanced with good characters and good information. … The two stories related to Oyler are different in nature but both well done. The follow-up profile of Raven (Gribbins), whom Amy Scott had followed the previous year, is really well done. We feel as if we know her by the end of the piece. … All in all, this is valuable reporting.”
EWA is grateful to the College Board for its generous support of the 2017 National Awards for Education Reporting.