Alcohol’s Hold on Campus
Magazines & Weeklies
The supplies are rolling in. At 1 p.m. on a Thursday, three delivery trucks line College Avenue. Around the corner, five more clog East Clayton Street. In downtown Athens, the center lane belongs to those who bring the booze.
- A RIVER OF BOOZE: Inside one college town’s uneasy embrace of drinking
- WHY COLLEGES HAVEN’T STOPPED BINGE DRINKING: Decades of attention without much difference
- PROTECTING THE PARTY: With focus on sexual assault, students look out for one another while drinking just as much
- Riots, Keggers, and the Clap
- 6 Campuses and the Liquor Surrounding Them
Comments from the Judges:
“Big look at an important but tough-to-report issue.”
“Superb, timely and important. A comprehensive and highly readable examination of one of the biggest, most persistent problems in college life. Visually compelling as well, and the series is cohesive. Great access to a variety of sources, too. Just outstanding work.”
EWA is grateful to the College Board for its generous support of the 2018 National Awards for Education Reporting.