Mesa Public Schools Seeks Director of Communication and Marketing
The position of Director of Communication and Marketing provides leadership and direction for the district's marketing and outreach initiatives for the purpose of communicating the district's vision and strengths to parents and the community.
Mesa Public Schools is a K-12 district of approximately 64,000 students located 16 miles east of Phoenix in a suburban residential community supportive of education. Nationally recognized for student achievement, curriculum development, educational facilities, student programs and activities, the district seeks outstanding individuals to join the administrative team.
Applications are being accepted for the position of Director of Communication and Marketing with the Mesa Unified School District. The Director of Communication and Marketing reports
directly to the Superintendent. The start date will be determined after completion of selection process. The beginning salary for this 12-month position is approximately $73,000 - $93,000,
dependent upon preparation and like experience.
1) Develop and implement external communication and outreach efforts based on knowledge of the district, schools and the education marketplace in the East Valley
2) Use multiple outlets, including the use of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc) to engage and interact with school district patrons and the community
3) Assist individual school and/or program personnel with marketing strategies and recruitment in their efforts to promote their school or program
4) Identify needed content for district and school websites
5) Work with other departments to provide needed content and use social media to drive traffic to the website and to promote the district's educational opportunities
6) Evaluate district and community reactions to marketing strategies and campaigns and formulate adjustments as needed
7) Work closely with schools, Educational Television, Web Services, Printing and Publishing, and other departments
1)Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, advertising or other related field; extensive education preferred
2) Five years demonstrated experience in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising or other related field; extensive experience with increasing responsibility preferred
3) Knowledge of and experience with social media and working knowledge of how to apply social media to marketing efforts
4) Knowledge of marketing, communication, and outreach strategies in general and as applied to K -12 education
5) Knowledge of the education marketplace in the East Valley as well as current public education trends and issues preferred
6) Excellent writing and editing skills with experience writing in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences and platforms
7) Ability to work effectively as a team member with district and school personnel at all levels
8) Strong attention to detail with organization skills and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Performs other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent
Candidates must submit a Classified administrative application to Human Resources. A resume may be included, but does not preclude a completed application.
Submit applications to:
Human Resources Department
Mesa Unified School District
63 East Main Street #101
Mesa AZ 85201-0724
APPLICATIONS FOR THE ABOVE POSITION MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE 09/30/2011.
Applications may be accepted until the position is filled.
Job postings and applications can also be viewed and printed from the Mesa Public Schools Human Resources Department web site at http://www.mpsaz.org/hr.