The National Institute for School Leadership (NISL)
The National Institute for School Leadership (NISL) provides leadership training for school and district leaders designed to improve student achievement at scale. Its Executive Development Program has been proven to strengthen the instructional leadership of aspiring and current leaders and raise achievement across districts and states. NISL offers targeted programs for high-priority challenges and capacity building for states, districts and schools using a proven train-the-trainer model.
NISL is undergoing an expansion into new states and districts and has recently been awarded two large grants from the US Department of Education. This expansion has led to the need for an energetic person to join our marketing and sales team. The position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify grants/RFP opportunities and develop competitive proposals, including:
- Tracking and prioritizing grant and proposal opportunities
- Managing proposal creation and production processes including coordinating staff and consultants
- Drafting and editing proposals / grant applications
- Develop and update marketing collateral, and sales support materials including:
- Identifying collateral needs
- Coordinating projects across staff and consultants, including the assembly and editing copy from various sources
- Overseeing the graphic design process of marketing materials
- Managing quality control
- Printing and distributing marketing materials
- Develop and maintain a system to track current and potential clients
- Support conferences and other events including:
- Booth and staff logistics
- Occasional on-site support including set-up/tear down, marketing
- Draft and submit speaker applications
- Maintain NISL.org website
- Other responsibilities including the drafting of press releases, articles and white papers; maintaining social media, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following skills and knowledge:
- Exceptional writing skills
- Project management aptitude
- Strong computer skills on a variety of software (e.g. Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Willingness for occasional travel
- Experience working in K-12 education, marketing degree or equivalent experience preferred
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), indicating availability date and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NISL is a division of the National Center on Education and the Economy (ww.NCEE.org). NCEE is committed to diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status
The National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE) is a leader in education reform policy and practice based in Washington, DC. As a think-tank and “do-tank”, NCEE researches the world’s top-performing education systems to learn how their students perform at high levels, more efficiently, and with more equity than in the United States. NCEE uses those lessons to adapt what it learns for use in the United States at the national, state and local levels. NCEE’s work focuses on standards, assessment and instructional systems, teacher and school leadership policy and practices, education governance, management and finance, early childhood education and care, and vocational and technical education.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.