Digital Communications Manager – External Relations
National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NACSA)
The Digital Communications Manager will play an integral role on the External Relations team and oversee NACSA’s digital presence, including its website, CRM, emails, and social media.
At the National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NACSA), we believe that all children should have access to public schools that prepare them for success in life. We achieve this vision by strengthening charter school authorizing – the work of approving, monitoring, and holding charter schools accountable. Quality authorizing is essential to ensuring charter schools can play a vital role in providing better educational opportunities to children across the country. We work to improve authorizing by building an evidence base to inform best practices among hundreds of authorizers nationwide, shape state charter policies, and develop the growing authorizing profession.
WHY PEOPLE LIKE BEING PART OF THE NACSA TEAM
“The people at NACSA are talented; we are driven by our mission and core values and recognize that the stakes are too high for anything less than excellence.” – Katie Piehl, Director of Authorizer Development
“I work with a very smart group of people who are all committed to doing great work.” – Delfino Unzueta, General Accounting Manager
“The opportunity to impact millions of kids’ lives by improving authorizing is an incredible opportunity and humbling responsibility.” – Karega Rausch, Vice President of Research & Evaluation
“I enjoy working in a place that allows for my professional growth with a side of work-life balance.” – Shannon Bauer, Manager of Talent Development Programs
ROLE AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Communications Manager will:
- Lead and manage the process to implement and maintain a digital relationship management strategy for the growing organization;
- Ensure that a functioning CRM is adopted across the organization by collaborating closely with colleagues to ensure data accuracy, as well as analyze data and report out on its implications;
- Manage the NACSA website, including developing, organizing, and updating content regularly;
- Develop and execute a multi-channel digital media strategy to engage target audiences and increase engagement with NACSA resources and information;
- Manage web vendors, ensuring updates and add-ons are rolled out as necessary to maintain a functioning website that meets the needs of all audiences; and
- Work closely and collaboratively with NACSA colleagues to advance the mission of the organization.
S/he will report to the Vice President of External Relations.
The Digital Communications Manager will be a results-oriented and dependable “do-er.” S/he will achieve success by generating support through collaboration and bringing creative solutions to obstacles.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with website management and digital platforms (e.g., Wordpress, Mailchimp)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fluid and time sensitive environment
- A track record of adapting content for multiple channels and digital audiences
- Education and/or mission-driven experience preferred
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
- An outstanding relationship builder with a customer-service mentality
- Strong writer and communicator
- A multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work at a fast pace without compromising quality or long-term goals
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for design
- Analytical thinker with ability to organize complex information
- An independent decision maker and creative problem-solver
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and a “no excuses” mentality
- A high level of self-awareness and actively seeks and responds well to feedback
ALL STAFF MEMBERS DEMONSTRATE ALIGNMENT WITH NACSA’s VALUES
- Quality Education: We are mission oriented and driven by the belief that all children deserve high-quality education options.
- Excellence: We do A-level work and set a high bar for performance in order to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Strategy: We begin our work with the end goal in mind, and align our priorities with NACSA’s Strategic Plan.
- Initiative: We proactively bring solutions to problems and do everything possible in order to reach desired outcomes.
- Community: We are part of an inclusive community that seeks opportunities for collaboration, considers multiple viewpoints and respects and values diversity.
- Balance: We prioritize effectively to respect our professional and personal commitments and foster organizational and individual success.
Between $50,000 and $65,000, commensurate with experience. Medical and disability benefits provided as well as the option to participate in a 401K matching plan.
NACSA’s headquarters are located in Chicago.
The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applications should consist of a current resume and cover letter that is tailored to this specific position and also includes one personal interest, hobby, or cause. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.